Really beautiful bright colors for this week's case file #31 at CSI.
This is my take
For my evidence I used liquid medium (watered gesso, acrylic paint, ink), distressing (the edges of my layout) repetition of an element (stamps, circles, punched borders) and circles.
I journaled about a vacation and precisely about a crafting cruise with Tim Holtz in the Caribbean in Sept 2011. While my friend Maria Chiara and I participated in the workshops, Franco relaxed at the pool.
- probably the best cruise ever craft-wise. Loved ALL of Tim's projects
- couldn't have hoped for a better travel/craft companion than Chiara (elsewhere known as Maria)
- the weather was gorgeous - just some clouds and some showers which were actually welcome
- liked the Royal Caribbean better this time (last time our waiter sucked!)
- loved room service (for breakfast)
- I still don't like eating at Windjammer
- love shopping onboard AND onshore
- I still like Carnival better
- impeccable organization as far as Tim's classes were concerned (as always)
- met Elsa and Roxie, my new best friends from Florida and Texas
- made 117 ATCs to trade
- very little interaction between the two groups probably due to different class times and our later dining time
- beautiful ports of call; hubs and I raided the stores:) Well, I raided, hubs strolled along.
- Portofino onboard was a fabulous surprise
- the ship's "house champagne" comes nowhere near Prosecco
- our waiters and cabin attendant were excellent
- didn't spend too much at Mario's Market place - speedy shopping at Michaels and Joann's prior to embarking may have had something to do with it;)
- took less photos this time but I am quite pleased with them
- Chiara and I had 8 evening wears - one for each night and one "just in case"
- got a head cold from the darn air-conditioning on at full blast - especially in the dining room
- the staff at Royal Caribbean deserves kudos - they sorted out problems for us that hadn't been taken care of beforehand and some that occured during the cruise
- better not put the key card close to iPhone or other electrical devices - learned that first hand
- I hardly ever eat desserts but couldn't resist all the yumminess
- cool ice show - Franco didn't like the magician and his tricks...
- some ladies assaulted the Market Place as soon as the doors were opened. Geez what manners!
- bought the most beautiful carryon onboard - it pays to be nice to Hubs :)